Twice a year, Local Unions from all over the United States and Canada, convene at the IBEW Safety Caucus, which is held in coordination with the National Safety Council’s Labor Division meeting. IBEW Local 702 has been a long time member of the IBEW Safety Caucus and tries to attend every meeting. The most recent Caucus was held in Philadelphia, PA on Thursday, October 27th. In an effort to return some of the information learned at the meetings back to our membership, please review the following documents as they pertain to your areas of interest or particular need.
For Business Representative Mark Baker’s Caucus Meeting notes, please click here.
Items referred to in Mark’s report:
For Attachment A, the approved Spring 2011 IBEW Safety Caucus Meeting Minutes, please click here.
For Attachment B, OSHA Labor Liaison Jim Touey’s PowerPoint presentation (saved as a PDF), please click here.
Within Jim Touey’s presentation, there were several references to certain items. The supporting documents are here:
1. OSHA 8-22-2011 Memo on Fall protection on aerial lifts during connstruction activities, please click here.
2. What OSHA’s Modified Guidance on Work Platform Fall Protection Means for Users, please click here.
3. Heat Safety Fact Sheet, please click here.
4. Fall Protection from Lifts, please click here.
5. 8-19-11 OSHA Memo; Heat Related Illness Inspections, please click here.
6. Nationwide Crane Violations 1926.1400-1441 11-8-2010 8-18-2011, please click here.
7. 6-8-2011 New Sling Standard, please click here